West Allis police investigating death of one-year-old child
WEST ALLIS (WITI) — The West Allis Police Department responded to a call of an unresponsive child at a mobile home park on W. Greenfield Ave. around 4:15 Saturday afternoon, June 1st.
Officials attempted to resuscitate the 21-month-old child but were unsuccessful.
Neighbors told FOX6 News that the child’s older brother was babysitting and stepped away to use the bathroom. When he came back, the child was unresponsive.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner’s Office, along with officers and detectives, are investigating the incident to determine the cause and manner of death.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for more information as it becomes available.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee