Firefighters douse apartment fire near Marquette campus
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Firefighters battled a smoky second alarm fire at an apartment building near the Marquette University campus in Milwaukee on Friday afternoon, June 7th.
The apartment building, known as Abode East, is privately-owned and located at 15th and Wells. It’s right across from the Memorial Union.
According to the Milwaukee Fire Department, the fire broke out on the third floor, were no residents were living. The first and second floors, however, were sparsely occupied.
Marquette Public Safety has talked with residents of the building and confirmed that all had evacuated the building. No injuries were reported.
Marquette’s Office of Residence Life and Red Cross representatives are now working to offer alternate accommodations to the residents. The incident is still under investigation by the Milwaukee Fire Department.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery