Chef Feker joins Real Milwaukee to prepare a garden salad with summer herb and ginger dressing.
Chef Feker’s Garden Salad with summer herb and ginger dressing
Ingredients for dressing
- 4 ounce Extra Virgin Olive OIL
- 1-ounce rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon WI honey
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh basil
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar until fully mixed. Add all other ingredients, adjusting for taste. Season with salt and white pepper. The dressing will be loose, stir or shake well before every use. This dressing will be even better the day after it is made.
Ingredients for salad
- 1 bunch baby spinach
- 12 snap peas sliced in thirds
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and cut into long half moon shapes
- 2 ripe tomatoes cut in wedges
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 6 radishes shredded
- 4 green onions sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Lightly season the spinach with salt and white pepper. Toss with just enough dressing to coat. Arrange the spinach in the middle of the plate. In the same bowl season the tomatoes with salt and black pepper. Toss the tomatoes with the dressing and arrange them around the spinach with the points out. Place the remaining ingredients in the bowl. Season with salt and white pepper. Toss with the dressing and place on top of the spinach. Serve with you’re favorite grilled protein.