28-year-old Milw. man shot, killed near 21st and Chambers
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was shot and killed Friday morning, June 14th near 21st and Chambers. According to officials, the shooting occurred at approximately 9:40 a.m.
“He’s my cousin’s child’s father and we got the call that he was murdered,” said LaStar Walker.
Neighbors near the scene say they heard two shots.
Authorities found the man outside by a sidewalk. Police spent the morning interviewing neighbors and searching for evidence.
“We have a very solid lead on one or more suspects and we’re following up on those right now,” said Milwaukee Police Captain Aaron Raap.
Those who knew the victim are trying to understand the senseless death of someone close to them.
“This is our life, this is where we live, this is where we grew up,” said Walker. “But it’s not our ending, this is not how we have to live.”
Officers and detectives are still working to establish a motive and apprehend the suspect(s) involved. Police do not believe that this was a random act.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- CLICK & PRINT your very own 2014 Green Bay Packers schedule