Astros ground Brewers 10-1
HOUSTON — A season of lows continued for the Milwaukee Brewers in a 10-1 loss to the lowly Astros on Tuesday night in Houston. Matt Dominguez hit a grand slam off reliever Tom Gorzelanny and drove home a career-high 5 runs. Carlos Pena smacked a 3-run homer off Brewers starter Alfred Figaro, who was charged with 5 runs in 4 and a third innings.
22 year-old Jordan Lyles allowed the Crew just 1 run over 7 innings of work.
The highlight for the Brewers was an acrobatic catch by Carlos Gomez on the hill in center field to rob Jason Castro on his 26th birthday.
The two teams meet again on Wednesday night in game 2 of the 3 game series.
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- CLICK & PRINT your very own 2014 Green Bay Packers schedule