Astros ground Brewers 10-1
HOUSTON — A season of lows continued for the Milwaukee Brewers in a 10-1 loss to the lowly Astros on Tuesday night in Houston. Matt Dominguez hit a grand slam off reliever Tom Gorzelanny and drove home a career-high 5 runs. Carlos Pena smacked a 3-run homer off Brewers starter Alfred Figaro, who was charged with 5 runs in 4 and a third innings.
22 year-old Jordan Lyles allowed the Crew just 1 run over 7 innings of work.
The highlight for the Brewers was an acrobatic catch by Carlos Gomez on the hill in center field to rob Jason Castro on his 26th birthday.
The two teams meet again on Wednesday night in game 2 of the 3 game series.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl