Woman struck, injured by vehicle near 16th & Wisconsin
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — A 23-year-old Milwaukee woman was injured after being struck by a motorist while a riding a skateboard near 16th and Wisconsin early Wednesday morning, June 19th.
According to police, the woman was riding a skateboard eastbound in the street when she was struck by a van traveling northbound. Officials say the van ran a red light prior to the accident.
The woman was conveyed to the hospital for treatment of non life-threatening injuries. She remains hospitalized in stable condition.
The driver of the van, a 41-year-old Milwaukee man, continued north on 16th Street and then east on Wells until he was stopped and held for MPD at 15th and Wells by Marquette Public Safety.
He is in custody for operating while intoxicated, duty upon striking, and failure to obey a traffic signal. He will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office in the coming days.
Marquette University on Wednesday confirmed the woman injured in this incident is a senior at the school, in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- CLICK & PRINT your very own 2014 Green Bay Packers schedule