Milw. Co. EMS Comm. Center fully operational after Courthouse fire
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The Milwaukee County Emergency Medical Services (MC EMS) Communication Center is fully operational after a fire at the Milwaukee County Courthouse prompted the use of backup systems.
The Communication Center is located on the Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin campus; however controls that allow the electronic switching of radio frequencies are located at the Courthouse.
Those controls were shut down due to damage from the fire.
EMS immediately put backup systems into place and there was no interruption of services. Dispatchers are able to provide medical control to paramedic units and hospitals that are receiving patients through the MC EMS system.
The Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) is also assisting other departments impacted by the fire. Some DHHS staff are working at the Behavioral Health Division on Watertown Plank Road to allow employees from the Milwaukee County Department of Family Care and the Department of Administrative Services to use office space in the Coggs Center until the Courthouse reopens.
“We want to do everything we can to help our fellow employees continue the work they do to serve the residents of Milwaukee County,” said DHHS Director Héctor Colón.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City