SDC announces start of Energy Assistance program for 2013
SDC tax and energy assistance
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The Social Development Commission has announced the start of Energy Assistance season in Milwaukee County in advance of the upcoming winter.
The season for regular Energy Assistance will start October 1st at four sites across the County. Sites are located at SDC offices at 4041 N. Richards Street, 2701 S. Chase Street, 6848 N. Teutonia and Community Advocates office at 728 N. James Lovell.
Applicants for Energy Assistance are reminded that they will need to bring with them four things to access the program:
- A photo ID
- Proof of income for the entire household during the past three months
- Social Security numbers for all household members
- A current energy bill or a letter from the landlord if heat is included in the rent
Currently, early applications for Energy Assistance are being processed at the four locations for elderly and disabled residents who are on a fixed income and are contacted by Milwaukee County.
The program begins for other residents on October 1st at all four of the sites.
Energy Assistance is a one-time payment during the heating season that pays a part of energy costs for eligible residents who are struggling with utility bills.
For an appointment or more information, contact SDC at 414-906-2800 or Community Advocates at 414-270-6854.
Or visit the SDC website at www.cr-sdc.org/index/Programs–Services/Support-Services/Energy-Assistance.ht.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?