Visitation, funeral scheduled for Fr. John Naus
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — A visitation and funeral will be held for Marquette University’s Fr. John Naus on Thursday, September 26th. The visitation will be held at Gesu Church from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m. A Mass will follow.
Marquette University’s website indicates Fr. Naus was a Milwaukee native who was ordained as a priest in 1955 on the Marquette campus.
Fr. Naus was well-known throughout campus, including his history as Tumbleweed the Clown, his famous July Christmas cards, and his long tradition of celebrating the 10 p.m. Mass at the St. Joan of Arc Chapel on Tuesdays. He retired from Marquette in 2012 though continued to make frequent visits to campus.
In lieu of flowers, Fr. Naus requested memorials be made to the Rev. John Naus, S.J. Endowed Scholarship Fund, which was established in 2004 to support Marquette students like the thousands he served, taught and inspired as a Jesuit.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed