Gomez suspended Brewers beat Mets 4-2
FLUSHING, NEW YORK — Playing without suspended all-star Carlos Gomez-the Brewers didn’t score after the first inning, but the 4-run frame was enough to hand the Mets a 4-2 loss, Thursday night in Flushing Meadow, New York.
Scooter Gennett’s 2-run single highlighted the inning, along with a strong bullpen, one that worked 5 scoreless innings after starter Johnny Hellweg exited with control problems.
Jim Henderson notched his 27th save.
Trying to avoid a 90 loss season the Crew (72-87) has won 3 of 4 on the road, with 3 games left in the season.
Gomez accepted his 1 game suspension and one thousand dollar fine for his part in Wednesday night’s melee in Atlanta.
The center fielder should be back for Friday night’s game.
Braves outfielder Reed Johnson was also given a one game suspension.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee