Stage two of N. 27th St. construction project begins Nov. 3
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Beginning Sunday evening, November 3, Stage Two of the North 27th Street construction project from West St. Paul Avenue to West Highland Boulevard will begin.
Traffic on N. 27th St. during Stage Two will be affected as follows:
- The southbound lanes (west side of N. 27th St.) will be closed
- The northbound lanes (east side of N. 27th St.) will be one-way only for northbound traffic
In addition, West Wisconsin Avenue will be open with two lanes of traffic in each direction.
There will be no on-street parking on N. 27th Street during construction. Parking will be available on side streets.
Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) bus service will be maintained, with southbound bus access moving to N. 26th Street. Northbound buses will run on N. 27th St.
When completed, the N. 27th St. project will feature:
- A new concrete roadway narrowed from 52 feet to 50 feet between St. Paul and Wisconsin avenues. This will match the existing 50-foot width of roadway north of Wisconsin Ave.
- A shared 13-foot parking/bicycle lane and a 12-foot driving lane in each direction.
- Curb, gutter, driveway approaches and sidewalks replaced.
- Harp lights which will replace the current light fixtures. The existing cobra fixtures will be upgraded to Milwaukee lantern fixtures.
- Improvements to Wisconsin Avenue with new concrete, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and decorative crosswalks.