Milwaukee County Zoo’s jaguar cubs celebrate 1st birthday
MILWAUKEE (WITI) – The Milwaukee County Zoo celebrated on Wednesday, November 13th, the first birthdays of male jaguar cubs, B’alam and Zean.
For the festivities, zookeepers provided the cubs with some extra special enrichment items. Officials say the “toys” provide enrichment to help the animals exhibit natural behaviors that would be seen in the wild. Those items included wrapped presents with scents and nesting material, a layered ice cake with meat treats and food juices, along with a Happy Birthday sign made with non-toxic paints.
B’alam and Zean were born one year ago on November 13th, to mother Stella and wild-born father, Pat. Pat’s genes are incredibly valuable for the conservation of the species, because he is a wild-born animal.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo