Chef Feker serves breakfast without eggs on Wake Up
Ingredients for Shrimp
• 2 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
• 6 pieces of pancetta cut in thin strips
• 2 Roma tomatoes peeled and diced
• 3 sprigs basil sliced thin
• 2 shallots chopped fine
• 1 small onion sliced fine
• 1 lemon zested and juiced Zest set aside
• 3/4 cup white wine
• 1/4 cup tomato sauce
• 1 Tbsp of cold butter
1. In a sauté pan, over medium heat, cook
the pancetta until crispy.
2. Reduce heat and add the onion and
garlic. When the onion is clear, but not
browned, add the tomatoes. Stir a couple of
times and season with salt and white pepper.
3. When the tomatoes start to release their
juice, add the white wine, lemon juice,
lemon zest and basil. Reduce liquid by half.
4. Add shrimp and tomato sauce and return
to a simmer. Whisk in butter until the sauce
looks smooth. Serve over creamy polenta.
Ingredients for Polenta
• 2 Cups Whole Milk
• 3 Tablespoons butter
• 2 teaspoons salt
• Pinch of white pepper
• 1/2 Cup Semolina
1. In a small pan bring milk and butter to a
low simmer. Add Salt and
pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly add
the semolina. When all the semolina is in
the pan turn off the heat. Cover. Let stand
five minutes. Stir and serve.