Home on Virginia Street in Racine damaged following fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RACINE (WITI) — Firefighters responded to a house in Racine County late Wednesday night,  November 20th.

According to authorities, fire crews responded to a home around 11:30 p.m. on Virginia Street. When crews arrived on the scene, they found heavy smoke coming from the windows.

The sole occupant, an adult male, evacuated before firefighters arrived on the scene. One civilian and one Racine firefighter sustained minor injuries as a result of the fire. Both were treated on scene and transported by Racine Fire Department paramedics.

Fire officials say unattended cooking caused the fire to spread throughout the house and attic before being brought under control .

Damage is estimated at $105,000.

Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.