Owners seek dog lost during massive pileup on I-94 in Racine
RACINE (WITI) — FOX6 News has learned a dog was ejected from a vehicle during Sunday’s massive pileup incident on I-94 at Highway 20 in Racine — and the dog’s owners are now seeking the dog’s whereabouts.
FOX6 News spoke with the husband of the owner of the dog, whose contact information is listed on a “lost dog” poster being distributed. He told FOX6 News his wife was driving in the area of I-94 and Highway 20 and was involved in the multiple-vehicle crash that occurred as a result of the winter weather on Sunday.
READ UPDATE on Monday, Dec. 9: Kirra reunited with family
The dog’s owner was taken to the hospital as a result of the crash, and the dog was ejected.
“Kirra” is a six-year-old female lab/beagle mix. The dog is black and tan and weighs 40 pounds.
Kirra is wearing a collar and is micro-chipped and is described as “shy.”
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed