Desatar Ministry Christian Church opens as warming shelter
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Due to the extreme cold weather we are expecting as the work week begins, Desatar Ministry Christian Church on Windlake Ave. in Milwaukee will have the facility open as a warming shelter.
The facility will be open for 72 hours effective noon Sunday, January 5th through noon Wednesday, January 8th.
Location: Desatar Ministry Christian Church, 1170 W Windlake Ave, Milwaukee
Both English and Spanish speaking staff members will be available on site.
Additionally, the ministry is looking for volunteers. A minimum of 50 volunteers are needed.
Those who would like to help are asked to consider working 2-4 hours in a 24-hour period — and help is especially needed between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Anyone who would like to help can contact Pastor Luis Vergara at 414-530-6260.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!