Man claims to have killed Bigfoot in San Antonio, Texas

Posted on: 10:33 am, January 13, 2014, by , updated on: 10:19pm, January 13, 2014

bigfoot(CNN) – Nearly a year ago a self-described professional Bigfoot hunter claimed to have shot and killed one of the creatures in San Antonio.

The alleged incident was featured in a documentary released last year that left more questions than answers.

On Thursday Rick Dyer finally released pictures of the alleged beast’s body.

“Bigfoot is 100 percent real — there’s no question about that,” Dyer said.

Dyer claims he shot and killed the mythical creature in a wooded area on the northwest side near Loop 1604 and Highway 151 in early September 2012.

Until Thursday Dyer never provided any proof beyond a grainy video clip he shot of the big beast outside his tent. More video was included in the documentary “Shooting Bigfoot,” but it failed to impress skeptics.

Following a lengthy battle with his investors, Dyer said he was finally able to reclaim the body.

“I have been worried for so long. I have been put off for so long, and finally we went up to Washington (state) and we got the body,” Dyer said. “Every test that you can possibly imagine was performed on this body — from DNA tests to 3D optical scans to body scans. It is the real deal. It’s Bigfoot and Bigfoot’s here, and I shot it and now I’m proving it to the world.”

Dyer has let more than 100 people see the body up close and recorded their reactions.

“We wanted to get people’s reactions, make them believers, and we did it to over a 130 people,” Dyer said. “We definitely made them believers.”

Despite a history of past Bigfoot hoaxes, Dyer insists he’s not fooling around this time.

“Bigfoot is not a tooth fairy — Bigfoot is real,” Dyer said. “The most important thing to me is being vindicated, letting people know that I am the best Bigfoot tracker in the world and it’s not just me saying it.”

Dyer plans to hold a news conference in the coming days, where he will show the full body and release the test results.

Following the big reveal, Dyer plans to take the body on tour across the U.S., Mexico and Canada. He said he will charge a small fee to view the body.

11 comments

• Nameless says:

Wow Terry a bit harsh don’t you think? If i remember correct, scientists were offering money to anyone that caught this supposed creature dead or alive. IF it’s real, they played him, they took all the samples they wanted and called it a day, If you’re that upset, take it up with the ones that put a price on this creatures head.. People have been hunting and killing since the begging of time and it will continue until the end of time.

• Nameless says:

Thanks for that link AL!!

• Andrew Clacy says:

This is all fake, trust me.

• Funny how you come in the public eye at the same time that Dean Cain started a show about catching Bigfoot for 10 million dollars to the winner, Sounds like a scam to me!

• Steve Lane says:

This is like Ricks 5th hoax. This past year he has scammed people out of money through bogus memberships and DVDs never delivered at 200dollars a pop. Visit this blog for a look at the real Rick Dyer…http://bigfoottrackernews.blogspot.ca

• Steve Lane says:

Watch this video and see how Rick avoided the leading DNA scientist from getting a sample, because the body is fake……http://youtu.be/HqB1BHuJXzo

• . says:

That thing don’t even look real, looks like a mask and makeup. Why would “bigfoot” hide out in Texas with all that supposed fur anyway? Isn’t it hot there for the most part? Poor creature would get heat stroke LOL I’ll pay to see it, then sue his thevin booty for false advertisment and robbery! lol I’m kidding. This dude needs to get a life or some mental help with his obsession, he seems unstable.

• Luke says:

English. Do you speak it?

• Deb PSPI says:

He has cried wolf far too many times. Even if this was truth,
    to shoot an innocent human like creature simply for redemption of his past mistakes shows what a messed up person he really is.

• Johnathan B says:

I believe in u I saw two in the past, they are huge

• Trinidad Velasquez Jr. says:

It’s quite possible. I only say that because, there are strang things in this world that remain unexplained. I can only vouch from my first hand experience, not with Bigfoot, but with ufo’s. I live in San Antonio but traveled to El Paso, twice a month, for a music group I was involved in. I was between Ft Stockton and Van Horn when I saw a huge object in the sky. It was about a mile wide with lighted square panels randomly lighting up. It traveled and still visible for about 40 miles crossing IH 10. I APPROXIMATE the distance because of the flat planes before the mountains. Anyone can believe me or not. Does not matter. But I know what I saw. And it was not a quick flash of a sighting, I witnessed it for at least 20 minutes. All the while wondering if anyone else on the highway was seeing the same thing.