2013-14 winter is 17th coldest on record for Milwaukee
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The 2013-2014 winter has been exceptionally cold — everyone knows that. But so far, the records show this is the 17th coldest winter on record for Milwaukee — and the coldest winter in about 30 years.
For Milwaukee, the National Weather Service in Sullivan reports December was 5.5°F below normal — and so far, January is 7.1°F below normal.
For Madison, the story is similar. December was 5.5°F below normal, and so far January is 6.2°F below normal. That also puts Madison in the top 20 coldest starts since records began in 1868. This is the coldest in 5 years.
Winter records have been kept since 1870.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe