Milwaukee to begin accepting applications for taxi permits
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Applicants for one of 100 new taxicab vehicle permits that are being made available will be able to take the first steps in the city’s new licensing process beginning Monday, February 3rd at the License Division of the Milwaukee City Clerk’s Office.
Legislation passed in November established the new system for taxi licensing, which includes more stringent requirements for taxi service quality and increases the limit on the number of cab licenses from 320 to 420.
If more than 100 “Intent to Apply” forms are received by the February 28, 2014 deadline, a lottery drawing will be held to determine which applicants will be allowed to proceed in the process.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl