Milwaukee to begin accepting applications for taxi permits
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Applicants for one of 100 new taxicab vehicle permits that are being made available will be able to take the first steps in the city’s new licensing process beginning Monday, February 3rd at the License Division of the Milwaukee City Clerk’s Office.
Legislation passed in November established the new system for taxi licensing, which includes more stringent requirements for taxi service quality and increases the limit on the number of cab licenses from 320 to 420.
If more than 100 “Intent to Apply” forms are received by the February 28, 2014 deadline, a lottery drawing will be held to determine which applicants will be allowed to proceed in the process.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee