One injured in snowmobile crash in Racine County
RACINE (WITI) — One person sustained serious head injuries following a snowmobile vs. trees crash late Thursday night, February 6th.
The incident occurred near the intersection of STH 11 and STH 75 on a marked snowmobile trail.
The Racine County Communications Center received a 911 call around 11:30 p.m. Upon arrival, deputies located an unconscious victim that had sustained serious head injuries.
The victim, who was wearing a helmet, was later transferred via Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital.
Preliminary reports show the victim failed to negotiate a curve in the trail. He then went off the trail, was ejected from his snowmobile into a tree line, where he struck a tree.
Authorities say speed and alcohol are believed to be factors in the crash.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City