Five more arrested in connection with heroin ring
WALWORTH CO. (WITI) — Walworth County Sheriff’s officials have announced the arrest of five individuals in connection with a heroin ring operating in the Lake Geneva and Delavan areas. This comes after three others were arrested back on February 7th, including Jamaal Shellie — whom officials believe was the head of the group.
Walworth County Sheriff’s officials say in the days that followed Shellie’s arrest, a subject took over the alleged heroin ring right away with the same people that Shellie was selling to.
Through the use of an undercover officer, the drug unit purchased heroin from the subjects — and the following five individuals were arrested on February 10th, 12th and 13th:
- 34-year-old Trisha Mohr of Lake Geneva, arrested at a motel in Lake Geneva on charges of two counts of party to a crime delivery of heroin
- 31-year-old Matthew Brown of Waukegan, Illinois, arrested in a vehicle in Lake Geneva on charges of two counts of delivery of heroin
- 29-year-old Ernest Green of Waukegan, Illinois, arrested in a vehicle in Lake Geneva on charges of party to a crime delivery of heroin and two counts of party to a crime delivery of cocaine
- 27-year-old Ashley Keller of Lake Geneva, arrested at her residence on charges of five counts of delivery of cocaine and one count of party to a crime delivery of heroin
- 33-year-old Brian Zitzler of Lake Geneva, arrested at his place of employment on charges of conspiracy to delivery heroin, one count of party to a crime delivery of heroin and possession of a schedule III non-narcotic drug
The Walworth County Drug Unit says it expects more arrests as this investigation continues.