Milwaukee police investigate homicide near 53rd & Howard
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Milwaukee police believe an argument between friends turned deadly early Tuesday morning, February 18th. Police found a 41-year-old man shot and killed near 53rd and Howard – and neighbors are in shock.
“It’s a little disheartening. Me and my wife — last night we were at a place of business around here and didn’t get home until 2:30, and then to find out obviously an hour and a half later there was something horrible that happened on this block,” Ricky Nelson said.
Nelson has lived in the area for 46 years. He says he got the call that his neighbor had been killed around 4:00 a.m. Tuesday.
Milwaukee police officers surrounded the home with police tape, and escorted a man out of the home. The 38-year-old man was taken into custody in connection with this crime.
“We’re still again trying to get all of the bases covered in regards to any potential witnesses or any individuals of interest right now – but we’re still investigating at this time,” a Milwaukee police representative told FOX6 News.
Neighbors say now – they need to move forward.
“Got to make sure we hold strong,” Nelson said.
Police have not identified the victim or the suspect in this case.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery