Second suspect in violin theft to plead not guilty

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Universal Allah

MILWAUKEE (AP) — A second Milwaukee man accused in the theft of a $5 million Stradivarius violin in January is also expected to plead not guilty to robbery charges.

Universal Allah is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday. He and Salah Salahadyn are accused of felony robbery.

Salahadyn pleaded not guilty last month. Allah’s defense attorney, Paul Ksicinski, said Tuesday he plans to enter a not-guilty plea on his client’s behalf Wednesday.

Ksicinski says he’s still waiting to receive police reports in the case.

1715 Lipinski Stradivarius violin

1715 Lipinski Stradivarius violin

Prosecutors say the 36-year-old Allah provided the stun gun used to attack and rob violin virtuoso Frank Almond. The criminal complaint says Salahadyn had been plotting to steal a Stradivarius.

The 300-year-old violin was missing for nine days before police recovered it in good condition.