MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Milwaukee Fire Department officials say firefighters on Saturday, June 14th were on the scene of two fires that are believed to be accidental.
The first fire broke out at a 68-unit apartment building in the 3200 block of N. 37th Street.
It happened shortly before 2:00 p.m.
Fire officials say the fire began in a single unit, and is believed to be accidental.
No one was injured.
The second fire occurred around 6:00 p.m.
Fire officials say a 62-year-old man was cutting metal with an electric grinder when sparks from the grinder ignited his shirt — causing extensive burns to his body.
He was taken to the hospital — where he is listed in critical condition.
This fire occurred in the 3700 block of N. 27th Street.