MILWAUKEE (WITI) -- Harley-Davidson is bringing back its shark-nosed Road Glide motorcycle with a new, edgy look. But that's not all -- the motorcycle maker will also have a Road Glide Special edition for 2015. Both models are part of Harley's customer-led product development effort known as Project RUSHMORE.
According to the Harley-Davidson website, key features of the new bike include the following:
- New fairing design: Features a triple splitstream vent that Harley-Davidson says significantly reduces head buffeting while still providing comfortable airflow around the rider.
- New handlebar: The hand grips are now 5 1/2" closer to the rider.
- New dual Daymaker Reflector LED headlamps: 85% more spread and 6% more punch on low beam, 35% more spread and 45% more punch on high beam
- 6.5-inch, full color touch screen display: Harley-Davidson says it puts all your information in front of you bigger than ever.
- Reflect linked brakes with ABS: Optional on Road Glide, standard on Road Glide Special.
"They did some really interesting work with the vent around the headlight, giving the air a better chance to flow right through the motorcycle as it's cruising down the road. S that reduces the push on the motorcycle," said Rebecca Bortner, Integrated Customer Experience Director at Harley-Davidson.
According to Harley-Davidson, select premium features elevate the performance and style of the Road Glide Special from the base model. The enhancements include the premium Boom! Box 6.5GT infotainment system with touch screen and GPS navigation, Reflex™ Linked Brakes with ABS and hand-adjustable low-profile rear suspension. An exclusive painted inner fairing and hand-applied pinstriping move the styling up a notch.
The Road Glide models start arriving at authorized Harley-Davidson dealerships on August 26th.