From Farm to Fork --it's an event featuring local foods and lessons in healthy eating. Resident foodie and event emcee, Kyle Cherek and Joe Ninneman, the manager of food services at Aurora St. Luke's, join Real Milwaukee to tells us about "Live Well."
Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- 3 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 1 cup of spaghetti squash (noodles)
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons of steamed, chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of prepared pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons of toasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped basil
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of shaved Parmesan Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon of truffle oil (optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick fry pan for several minutes.
- Add diced red onions to pan and cook until onions become translucent.
- Next, add sun-dried tomatoes and spaghetti squash.
- Stir thoroughly until all vegetables are mixed in.
- Continue cooking for about 3-4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Next add pesto sauce, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Continue cooking and tossing for another 3-4 minutes, or until pesto has been fully absorbed in teh dish.
- Plas squash mixture in whatever vessel you would like to use for plating. Utilize tongs for plating to create a small lower-like shape shapen when plating.
- Top with shaved Parmesan Romano cheese, toasted cashews and fresh, chopped basil leaves.