Fans wearing Packers gear at CenturyLink Field…could actually be undercover officers!
SEATTLE (WITI) — The NFL’s regular season kicks off Thursday night, September 4th when the Green Bay Packers take on the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field. We’ve learned not everyone wearing Packers gear at the game will actually be a Packers fan!
Seattle police officers are planning to go undercover — wearing Packers green and gold!
The goal is to crack down on unruly fans.
Police say a little competitive banter is fine, but they want to make sure it doesn’t go to far.
Unruly fans could be removed, and banned from the stadium. Arrests are possible if fans’ actions break the law.
The Seahawks have released a statement reminding fans that undercover officers wearing the opposing team’s gear will be at Seahawks games all season long.
Police will be on the lookout for behavior that is:
- Disruptive or illegal in nature
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
- Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
- Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans
- Verbal or physical harassment of stadium guests and staff members
- Smoking or tobacco use on CenturyLink Field property
Fans can report any inappropriate activity disrupting their enjoyment of the game by texting HAWK12.