Headed to Lambeau on Sunday? Be sure to plan for construction delays!
GREEN BAY (WITI) — The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Northeast Region Office is reminding motorists heading to Lambeau Field on Sunday, September 14th for the first Green Bay Packers regular season home game against the New York Jets that US 41 and adjacent roadways from Oneida St. north to Suamico are under construction.
The US 41/WIS 172 interchange could experience significant backups on both north and south US 41 and east and west WIS 172.
Closures, orange barrels, narrow lanes, soft shoulders and increased volume from commuter and recreational traffic in addition to game day traffic WILL affect game day travel. Due to all the construction, Ashland Avenue through De Pere and Ashwaubenon will also experience increased traffic congestion as additional motorists use this as an alternate route.
WisDOT strongly recommends motorists allow themselves additional time to reach their destinations and check WisDOT’s 511 website. Additionally, motorists are advised to remain alert and plan on exercising patience as they drive through the Green Bay area.
Here is a list of the major roads in northeast Wisconsin most Packers fans will be traveling as they head for the game and the road conditions they should anticipate:
US 41 and WIS 172 Interchange
Motorists should expect heavy congestion and potential long delays at this interchange between 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Motorists should strongly consider avoiding this interchange area and utilize alternate routes if possible. Additionally, Packer traffic leaving following the game could also encounter increased recreational traffic returning from the north woods.
All construction on US 41 will cease on Packer game day, although barrier walls and orange barrels will be present in various locations:
- Brown County
- Drivers will encounter 11-foot travel lanes and reduced shoulders in multiple locations along a 10-mile segment of highway. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph from just south of Grant Street to Lineville Road. Temporary barrier wall at various locations will cause traffic to slow.
- Lineville Interchange Closed
- All 4 US 41 ramps at Lineville are closed, Lineville Road is closed between Brookfield Road and County J, West Deerfield is closed at Lineville and NB & SB traffic on East Deerfield will be maintained across Lineville road during the 60-day closure for access to local businesses. Use County B and Velp interchanges for access to and from US 41.
- Packerland Interchange Closed
- Packerland Drive, including the WIS 29 exit-ramps to Packerland Drive is closed to reconstruct the Packerland Drive/Cardinal Lane interchange. Packerland Drive/Cardinal Lane is CLOSED between Holly Way and Duck Creek Parkway (formerly Dousman Street).
- Brown County
- Eastbound WIS 172 to northbound US 41 ramp is closed for reconstruction. Eastbound WIS 172 traffic wanting to exit to northbound US 41 will continue east on WIS 172 and take the Oneida Street/Ashland Avenue exit which ends at Vanderperren Way; take Vanderperren Way west to Holmgren Way, follow Holmgren Way north to Pilgrim Way and take Pilgrim Way east to westbound WIS 172 on-ramp to northbound US 41.
- Brown County
- The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph on I-43 between Atkinson Drive and US 41.
- WIS 32/57 – Calumet County
- The intersection of USH 10 and WIS 32/57 in Forest Junctions will be closed to traffic during Friday’s Packer game. The WIS 32/57 detour route follows WIS32/57 to County HR to US 10 to County PP to County K to WIS 32/57.
Travelers should allow extra time and can check online for real-time traffic information, including travel times, lane closures and incidents, at Wisconsin 511 online (www.511wi.gov) or by calling 511 on a phone.