You're going to fall in love with fall after you try this taffy apple salad. In this week's Dining with Duria, Angelica shows you how it's made.
Taffy Apple Salad
- 4 cups chopped apples with the peel on (I used both Fuji & Granny Smith Apples)
- 8oz can of crushed pineapple, drained, but save the juice!
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8oz container of whipped topping
- Place apples, drained pineapple, marshmallows and nuts in a bowl. Mix and set to the side.
- In a small pot, combine flour, sugar, vinegar and pineapple juice. Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken. Add beaten egg. Stir until it thickens. Then cool in the refrigerator overnight or in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the liquid base is cool with a caramel-like substance, fold it into the bowl with the apples, pineapple, peanuts & marshmallows. Fold in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.