In this week's Dining with Duria, Angelica shows us how to prepare a breakfast sausage dip.
Breakfast Sausage Dip
Makes 1 medium bowl-sized serving. Can double up recipe to serve a larger group.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (your choice meat, but to make it a little healthier, I use turkey)
- 8 oz block of cream cheese (I use fat-free)
- 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes & green chiles
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Brown & cut up the sausage on a skillet and drain leftover oils & fat.
- Mix in the meat with cream cheese and Rotel in the crock pot. Squeeze on a layer of maple syrup on top of the mixture.
- Stir together after crock pot has melted all ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips.
NOTE: You can make the entire dip in same skillet as the cooked sausage. Just add the cream cheese, Rotel and maple syrup and let it all melt together.
Another NOTE: You can also use maple-flavored breakfast sausage if you don’t have maple syrup. If you like a spicier dip, opt for a HOT breakfast sausage and HOT Rotel.