PASADENA (WITI) — Five-year-old Laylah Petersen was honored in the Rose Parade in southern California on Thursday, January 1st.
Petersen was shot and killed early November when a stray bullet struck her while she was sitting on her grandfather’s lap. Petersen’s family chose to donate Laylah’s organs — and got to dedicate roses on the Donate Life float.
Those responsible for Laylah’s shooting death remain at large. A $10,000 reward has been offered for information leading to an arrest in the Laylah Petersen case. Anyone with information in the shootings involving Petersen or Bill Thao are asked to call police at (414) 935-7360.
- “Enough is enough:” Faith leaders unveil “adopt a block” program, hope to curb gun violence
- Police looking at “every possibility” in investigating Bill Thao’s death, including possibility it was gang-related
- “It is very heartbreaking:” Cemetery offers to cover costs of plot, burial services for Bill Thao
- As police search for his killer(s), Bill Thao’s family says “thank you for the support”
- “Nobody deserves this:” 13-month-old boy loses his life after “dozens” of shots fired into home