Firefighters called out to fight basement fire near N. 3rd Street and Melvina
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Firefighters in Milwaukee were called out to a fire near N. 3rd Street and Melvina Street in Milwaukee on Monday night, January 5th.
Fire officials tell FOX6 News the fire broke out in a basement around 7:30 p.m., and the fire appeared to start in the basement due to a dryer malfunction.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control — but five adults were displaced from the two-and-a-half-story home.
No one was injured.
A damage estimate hasn’t yet been released.
Fire officials say the home had working smoke detectors.
The Red Cross was called in to assist at the scene.