Milwaukee Department of Public Works calls for “full-scale plowing operation”
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works (DPW) has called for a full-scale plowing operation for Friday, January 9th.
What this means:
- 250 salt trucks and plows on are on city streets.
- Plows have been mounted to city garbage trucks to help with snow removal.
- Most garbage and recycling collections have been suspended for today, except for automated routes.
- Sanitation crews will work on Saturday, January 10 to make up for suspended collections today.
- If carts are at the curb already, residents can leave them there for pick-up tomorrow.
Residents are reminded to shovel out their carts – at curb and alley pick-up locations – to help ensure that there are no disruptions with garbage and recycling collection service delivery. Christmas trees should be placed at your curb or alley collection point for pick-up. Residents can also recycle their old trees by taking them to a City Self-Help Center.