Milwaukee Department of Public Works has lifted Snow Emergency, Four-Inch Rule
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works has lifted the snow emergency and the 4-inch rule as of noon on Tuesday, February 3rd. In addition, DPW has completed its overnight snow operations in the 5-Day Parking Exception Area.
Garbage and recycling collections will resume on Wednesday, February 4. DPW crews will work 10-hour days through Saturday, February 7 to catch up on collections. REMINDER: The City of Milwaukee has a year-round set-out policy for garbage carts – residents who have curb pick-up must take their carts to the curb. For alley pick-up, residents must shovel out their carts so DPW crews can access them for uninterrupted service.
Garbage collection schedule for this week:
- Residents who were scheduled for pick-ups on Monday, February 2 and Tuesday, February 3 should
take their carts to the curb on Wednesday, February 4 and leave them there until collected.
- Residents scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday pick-up should take their carts to the
curb ONE DAY LATER than their regular schedule.
- For information on garbage and recycling schedules/pick-ups by address, please call (414) 286-CITY or check the DPW website at http://www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw.
DPW reminds Milwaukeeans that there are several things residents and property owners need to know and
do following a major snow storm. They include:
- Sidewalks must be shoveled within 24 hours after the snow stops falling
- Do not shovel or blow snow from sidewalks and driveways into plowed streets
- Shovel around fire hydrants on your block
- For alley garbage & recycling pick-up, be sure to shovel out your cart(s)
- For curb pick-up, take your cart(s) to the curb
For more information, call (414) 286-CITY or visit the DPW website.