2018 FIFA World Cup Fan Guide ⚽
Where to watch FOX6 News, Real Milwaukee during World Cup Soccer ⚽

Racine Fire officials: Cordless drill left on stove led to fire that caused $25,000 in damage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RACINE (WITI) — Fire officials in Racine say a fire originating from a stove that was left on unattended resulted in $25,000 in damage to a home Tuesday, February 3rd.

It happened around 4:15 p.m. at a home on Erie Street.

Fire officials say a resident left the home after inadvertently bumping the stove — turning it on. A cordless drill left on top of the burner ignited, causing the fire.

The fire was contained to one unit of an apartment complex. All other residents were allowed to return to their homes.

The Racine Fire Deaprtment is reminding folks to keep anything that could burn away from their stoves.

This fire caused $12,000 in damage to the apartment unit’s contents.