February’s Gift to the Community: Free admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — FOX6 and the Greater Milwaukee Foundation are teaming up to bring you Gifts to the Community – unique experiences that highlight the remarkable resources the community has to offer – as we celebrate the Greater Milwaukee Foundation’s 100 years of service to the Milwaukee area.
February’s Gift to the Community is free admission to a weekend of activities at the Milwaukee Art Museum, featuring unlimited access to the special exhibition, Inspiring Beauty: 50 years of Ebony Fashion Fair, Saturday, February 21st and Sunday, February 22nd. The Milwaukee Art Museum will be open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. both days. NO reservations are required and all guests are welcome, regardless of county of residence.
Features: While the main galleries of the museum are undergoing renovations, a variety of special activities will be taking place throughout the Quadracci Pavilion and adjacent spaces:
- Do-it-yourself fashion activities and crafts for all ages
- A fashion runway in Windhover Hall for guests to model their DIY creations
- Museum volunteers stationed throughout the Inspiring Beauty exhibition to provide information and answer questions
- Opportunities to meet Camille Morgan, guest organizing curator for Inspiring Beauty
- Screening of Ebony Fashion Fair, runway shows and fashion-focused films in the Lubar Auditorium
- Special programming for kids
- Showcase of student art from the Scholastic Art Awards-Wisconsin
- All guests will receive a voucher to return to the museum for half-price in 2016, following the reinstallation of the collection galleries
The Milwaukee Art Museum
700 North Art Museum Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53202