(WITI) -- The internet has made ordering flowers online easy, but what you see is not always what you get. Recently I chatted with Farbod Shoraka, who started BloomNation.com as a way to empower local florists and put style back in bouquets.
Here are BloomNation.com’s Top 10 Mistakes To Avoid This Valentine’s Day:
- Waiting until the last minute
- Ordering the wrong style of flowers for the wrong stage of a relationship
- Thinking that your flowers will be guaranteed delivery by a specific time
- Having your flowers delivered in a box
- Assuming a dozen red roses is the only option
- Telling the recipient to put bleach and other toxic products into the flowers to “make them last longer”
- Shopping stock images of arrangements
- Choosing flowers that are out of season
- Ignoring the reviews of the florist you’re shopping
- Being sloppy with the note (the letter brings out even more of the emotion from a floral gift)
I will add a #11 – always look for a promo code online to save some $$$ on your order.
Also, if you order from BloomNation.com, use promo code RICHONTECHBN for $10 off an arrangement, not including delivery or tax. It’s valid until February 10th at 12 PM PST.
A big thank you to LA Premier for letting us shoot our segment at their location.