MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The Brewers will host the Colorado Rockies on Monday, April 6. If you have tickets to this big day, here’s what you need to know.
- Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on Opening Day. The gates to Miller Park will open at 10:40 a.m. In coordination with new procedures established by Major League Baseball, all fans will be screened by metal detectors upon entering Miller Park. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to the gates to ensure they don’t miss first pitch.
- Brewers officials advise fans to get to Miller Park early, because there are new security procedures in place.It is mandated by Major League Baseball that every stadium has metal detectors and wand screening for every game.These security measures are an effort to ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience at Miller Park.
- 50/50 Raffle: The 50/50 Raffle will begin when gates open at 10:40 a.m. Proceeds from the raffle support local nonprofit organizations.
- First Pitch: Retired Commissioner Emeritus and former Brewers Owner Allan H. “Bud” Selig will throw out the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Day. In honor of his achievements, the Brewers retired the number 1 and will unveil the “Selig Experience,” a state-of-the-art attraction at Miller Park, to the public on Friday, May 29.
- Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2015 magnetic schedule.
- The 13th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages will participate in the 13thAnnual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
The Brewers will also expand on last year’s most memorable addition. The “Hank Hangout” features shirts, hats and stuffed toys depicting the league’s most adorable unofficial mascot. Twenty percent of proceeds benefit the Wisconsin Humane Society.
Even if you don’t buy any Hank gear, you can burn a few calories walking over to check it out!