Celebrate the 53rd Annual Lakefront Festival of Art at the Milwaukee Art Museum
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The weekend-long Lakefront Festival of Art is back at the Milwaukee Art Museum celebrating its 53rd year.
Friday, June 19th through Sunday, June 21st the festival will feature works of more than 175 national artists amid activities, food and entertainment, while serving as a primary fundraiser for the museum.
“Over the years, Lakefront Festival of Art has evolved into much more than just another art show. It truly is one of the premier art festivals in the country, while offering activities for all ages to enjoy in a setting iconic to Milwaukee,” said Krista Renfrew, Director of Special Events for the Milwaukee Art Museum.
In addition to the variety of artists’ booths — including jewelers, painters, sculptors and photographers — LFOA offers family-friendly activities, such as live music, refreshments and the PNC Children’s Experience, featuring drama performances and hands-on art projects for kids of all ages.
For adult audiences, gourmet food is available, as well as libations at the Milwaukee Magazine Wine Garden. Attendees also can peruse a sculpture garden created by Hawks Landscape or bid on donated pieces of art at the silent auctions which closed Sunday, June 21st.
Advance tickets that include admission to the feature exhibition can be purchased online here for $10 and at participating locations throughout southeastern Wisconsin. A $25 three-day pass also will be available at the festival gates and online.
HOURS AND ADMISSION
- Friday, June 19, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, June 20, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 21, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Advance tickets $10
- Adults $17; Seniors/Students $14
- Museum Members $10
- Free for children age 12 and under, veterans, active military and Wisconsin K-12 teachers (with ID)
Special activities at the Lakefront Festival of Art include:
• Van Gogh to Pollock: Modern Rebels, Masterworks from the Albright-Knox Art Gallery — Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Venture inside to celebrate opening weekend of the Museum’s newest feature exhibition showcasing works from the biggest names in art from the 19th century to present. Admission is included with LFOA ticket.
• MAM After Dark: Modern Rebels — Friday, June 19; 5 to 10 p.m. Begin the weekend at the Museum’s signature late-night event for young professionals. View the newest feature exhibition inside and enjoy Festival activities outside. Admission is included with LFOA ticket.
• Win a weekend getaway — Through June 12. Enter for a chance to win the Lakefront Festival of Art Weekend Getaway package, including one night (June 20) at a historic downtown hotel, two weekend passes to the Festival, discounted food and beverage tickets, and a gift basket filled with items distinctive to Milwaukee. Two winners will be selected at random on June 12, 2015.
• Live Music from local bands — Friday, Saturday, Sunday. From blues to jazz to rock, enjoy the sounds of local Milwaukee bands all weekend, while taking in the views of Lake Michigan. Admission is included with LFOA ticket.
• Paint Your Own Modern Rebel — Friday, Saturday, Sunday; 1 to 4 p.m. Channel your inner Dali, Kahlo or Picasso while painting your own piece of artwork to take home. Additional fee required, includes canvas, painting supplies and a glass of wine.
Lakefront Festival of Art is organized by the Friends of Art, the primary volunteer support organization of the Milwaukee Art Museum. Proceeds from the festival are directed toward the museum’s world-class exhibitions and collections.