YMCA to offer swim lessons in Milwaukee County Parks geared toward non-swimmers
MILWAUKEE — Beginning June 22nd, the Milwaukee YMCA will offer swim lessons in five Milwaukee County Parks that are geared toward non-swimmers to learn basic swim skills and water safety, including how to recognize dangerous situations when in and around water environments.
Lessons are available for children ages six and above, as well as non-swimming adults. Swim lessons will be taught in age-appropriate groups to ensure optimal skill and safety outcomes.
Spots are available for these introductory classes that are offered at different times throughout the metro Milwaukee area, so parents are sure to find swim lessons that fit their child’s needs and their schedule. Additionally, lessons are taught by certified YMCA swim instructors.
Sessions are $5 per individual or $10 per family and much of the costs of these lessons will be covered by community donations. No family will be turned away due to a lack of financial resources.
Lesson times are as follows:
• Children ages 6-8 years old and 9-12 years old – lessons take place Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10-10:45 a.m. and from 11-11:45 a.m.
• Children 13 and older – lessons take place Wednesdays and Saturdays from 11-11:45 a.m.
• Individuals age 21 and older – lessons take place Saturdays from 11-11:45 a.m.
Lessons will take place at the following five Milwaukee County Park locations:
• David F. Schultz Aquatic Center in Lincoln Park (1301 W Hampton Ave., Milwaukee)
• Jackson Park (3500 W Forest Home Ave. Milwaukee)
• Pelican Cove Family Water Park in Kosciuszko Park (2201 S. 7th St., Milwaukee)
• Sheridan Park (4800 S Lake Dr., Cudahy)
• Washington Park (1859 N 40 St., Milwaukee)