Get to the Big Gig with ease: Alternatives for getting to Summerfest amid bus strike
MILWAUKEE — Due to a stoppage of work from the members of the Almalgamated Transit Union, MCTS is suspending transit services to Summerfest and the Milwaukee community now through July 4th at 3 a.m. However, there are other ways to get to the Big Gig.
Ride Uber to Summerfest for FREE! Uber is offering new users a ride in style to Summerfest. Enter promo code SUMMERFEST2015 for a FREE first ride up to $20 off! This offer expires on July 5, 2015.
Bus and shuttle service
Bus and shuttle service is provided from many different operators during Summerfest, including:
- Wisconsin Coach Lines/Coach USA Milwaukee (Waukesha – during run of Summerfest only), call 262-542-8861
- Wisconsin Coach Lines/Coach USA Milwaukee (Racine/Kenosha – daily service, last bus leaves from Michigan & Cass at 9:07 p.m.), call 262-542-8861
- GO Riteway (Washington County), call 262-677-3282
- Badger Bus (Madison)
Bar & restaurant shuttle services
- Mo’s Irish Pub 142 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Jack’s American Pub 1323 E. Brady Street
- Hi Hat Lounge/Garage 1701 N. Arlington Place
- Paulie’s Pub & Eatery 8031 W. Greenfield Avenue
- Brass Monkey Pub & Grill 11904 W. Greenfield Avenue
- Nomad World Pub 1401 E. Brady Street
- Karma Bar and Grill 600 E. Ogden
- The Highbury 2322 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue
- O’Lydias 338 S. 1st Street
- Franks Power Plant 2800 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue
- Stubby’s 2060 N. Humboldt Avenue
- The Bottle 1753 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue
Amtrak Hiawatha Service
Coming to Summerfest from Chicago or Racine/Kenosha? This summer, jam without traffic by taking the train with Amtrak Hiawatha Service between Chicago and Milwaukee. Amtrak Hiawatha offers easy access to Summerfest from the downtown Milwaukee Intermodal Station. You can catch the train from Chicago Union Station, Glenview in the northern suburbs and Sturtevant in the Racine/Kenosha Area. Visit AmtrakHiawatha.com for details.
Parking lots open daily at 9:00 am. Preferred Parking is only $20 and Exclusive Parking is only $35. All parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Pre-paid parking passes for specific dates during Summerfest may be purchased online, at the Summerfest Box Office and via phone.
Free motorcycle parking is located near the Mid Gate, sponsored by Harley-Davidson®, on a first-come, first-served basis.
CLICK HERE for further coverage of the transit strike via FOX6Now.com.