MILWAUKEE -- Looking for a way to switch up your traditional hot dog dish. In this week's Dining with Duria, Angelica shows us how to prepare mini corn dog muffins, cheese-stuffed hot dog rolls and oven chili cheese dogs.
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- 1 box of your corn muffin mix plus the ingredients required to make it, which includes 1 egg and milk (I used Jiffy)
- 4-8 hot dogs, cut into bite-sized pieces or diced into smaller pieces
- Optional: shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to box’s directions. Spoon mixture into each muffin tin about ½ to ¾ full. Top with hot dog pieces. You can also use one larger hot dog piece and place it right in the center sticking up. You can choose to add cheese as well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Cheese-Stuffed Hot Dog Rolls
- 1 can crescent roll dough (8-count)
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat hot dogs in oven while it is preheating, but be sure not to heat them too long or else they’ll burst.
- Unroll crescent dough and place a half slice of cheese on the wide end of dough. Place hot dog on the cheese and roll to shape crescent around hot dog.
- Bake on a lightly sprayed baking sheet for 12-15 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on pan then serve.
Oven Chili Cheese Dogs
- 7 hot dogs
- 7 hot dog buns (If you can squeeze 8 into a pan, great!)
- Relish, dill or sweet
- Mustard and/or ketchup
- Can of chili (or you can use homemade chili)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- In a 9x13 foil-lined baking dish, place hot dog buns so they all fit into pan. You can do 5 in a row, then place 2 horizontally.
- Spread layer of mayonnaise into each hot dog bug. Place a little spoonful of relish, mustard, or ketchup onto the sides as well. Then place UNCOOKED hot dog. Top with heavy spoonfuls of chili. Sprinkle cheese and onions on top of that. Repeat on remaining hot dogs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes then serve with a spatula.