MILWAUKEE -- It's one of the biggest grilling weekends of the year! Dan Jarvis of Pick 'n Save joins FOX6 WakeUp with a delicious recipe for this Labor Day weekend.
Fajita Chicken Kebabs
Yield: Serves 4
Total Time: 1 hour (includes marinating time)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime, plus additional for serving
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Zest and juice of large lime, for serving
- Salsa, sour cream (or plain yogurt), and guacamole, optional for serving
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place in a zip-top bag.
- When ready to cook, heat your grill to medium-high. Cut the bell peppers and onion into 3/4-inch chunks, then thread onto skewers with the marinated chicken pieces, alternating the chicken with the vegetables. Lightly oil the grill, then place the kabobs on the grill, cover, and let cook until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice throughout so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove the chicken kebabs to a serving plate and sprinkle with cilantro and a few squeezes of fresh lime juice. Serve warm, garnished with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole as desired.