Nine Wisconsin schools win national Blue Ribbon honors, one in Mequon-Thiensville
MADISON — State Superintendent Tony Evers congratulated eight public schools and one private school from Wisconsin on Tuesday, September 29th that were among 335 recognized in the 2015 National Blue Ribbon Schools Program.
Schools are chosen for the award based on overall academic excellence or progress in closing achievement gaps.
Evers nominated the eight public schools earlier this year. They are:
- Endeavor Elementary School, Portage Community School District;
- Howard Elementary School, Green Bay, Howard-Suamico School District;
- Lake Shore Middle School, Mequon-Thiensville School District;
- Magee Elementary School, Two Rivers Public School District;
- Onalaska High School, Onalaska School District;
- Platteville Middle School, Platteville School District;
- Sevastopol Middle and High School, Sturgeon Bay, Sevastopol School District; and
- Washburn High School, Washburn School District.
Saint Stanislaus Grade (K-2) and Saint Stephen Elementary (3-5) School in Stevens Point is one of 50 private schools nationwide receiving Blue Ribbon honors. It was nominated by the Council for American Private Education.
In this story
Representatives from winning schools will be honored at an awards ceremony Nov. 9-10 in Washington, D.C. Each school will receive an engraved plaque and program flag with the official seal, which signifies its Blue Ribbon status and the year of its award.