MILWAUKEE -- Do you know how to do a breast self-exam? Dr. Malika Siker from Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin joins Real Milwaukee to show us how it's done.
Women should learn and practice breast self exams.
• Before age 40, women should get to know how their breasts normally look and feel, so they`ll be aware of any changes.
• Physical examination can detect changes in breast tissue.
• Clinical exams and mammography are proven and significant tools in early detection, there are some breast tissue changes & a small percentage & that are not visible on a mammogram but will be detected by a woman or her health care provider through a physical exam.
• The real goal of breast self exam is to be aware of any changes and report them to your doctor immediately.
• Many breast cancers that are found and treated early result in good outcomes.
• Visit Froedtert.com resources and information about breast care and health.