MILWAUKEE -- Looking for something to bring to your Halloween party this weekend? Add some Halloween drama with these green, creamy deviled eggs with a kick!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1/2 avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 tsp wasabi, paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, black
- Place in a small pot:
1 cup blueberries, frozen
- Cover eggs with water, cover pot and bring to boil over high heat.
- Let eggs boil for 5 minutes, then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in the blueberry water for 10 more minutes.
- Remove eggs, one at a time, and gently press and crack the shell with the back of the spoon.
- Place cracked eggs in a bowl and add the blueberry water. Allow eggs to cool to room temperature, then place the eggs in the blueberry water in the refrigerator for 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks and place in a bowl. Mix until smooth together with:
1/2 avocado , seeded and peeled
1 tsp wasabi , paste
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
- Place avocado mix into a piping bag and pipe into the hollowed egg halves. Chill until ready to serve.
- Prior to serving, garnish eggs with:
1/2 tsp sesame seeds, black
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 8 hours chill time
Serving Size: 1 egg
Serving Suggestions: Top with some charcoal salt for a spooky effect!
Cooking Tips: Add red and blue food coloring for more of a purple effect, as done above. For easier piping, chill the avocado mixture in the refrigerator for hour prior to piping.