Jamaican Roasted Cheshire Pork, Farro Spun Vegetable Ragout and Kale Pesto.
- 3 lbs. Pork Roast
- 2 oz. Butter or olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Cooked Farro
- 2 Cups Fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 cups Spun vegetables (zucchini, spaghetti squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, just to name a few)
- 1/4 Kale Pesto
- 1/4 Shaved parmesan
- TT Salt and pepper
- This can even be done the night before
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees
- Rub the pork loin liberally with your favorite rub
- Place in a roasting pan and into the oven for around 2 hours depending on the size
If cooking for that same night make sure the internal temperature has reached 130 degrees. Remove from the oven and allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
For a better cut of meat if cooking for the next night simply remove from the oven at 125 degrees, when you are about 20 minutes before dinner place the roast from the cooler into the oven at 450 degrees for around 25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 130 degrees has been achieved.
Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes to finish cooking
- In a large sauté pan place the butter in the pan and heat with medium high heat
- Brown the butter lightly and add the spun vegetables; sauté
- Add the spinach, Farro, garlic and tomatoes; sauté
- Add the Pesto and season with salt and pepper