“Purple Rain” coming back to the big screen at eight Marcus Theatres in tribute to Prince
MENOMONEE FALLS — Marcus Theatres is bringing “Purple Rain” back to the big screen to pay tribute to Prince, who died last Thursday, April 21st at the age of 57.
“Purple Rain” will play in select theatres on Tuesday, April 26th and Thursday, April 28th at 7:00 p.m.
It will be shown at eight theatres in Wisconsin:
- Appleton East Cinema — W3091 Van Roy Rd, Appleton, WI 54915
- Bay Park Cinema — Bay Park Square, 755 Willard Dr, Ashwaubenon, WI 54304
- LaCrosse Cinema — 2032 Ward Ave, La Crosse, WI 54601
- Menomonee Falls Cinema — W180 N9393 Premier Ln, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
- Palace Cinema (Madison) — 2830 Hoepker Rd, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
- Point Cinema (Madison) — 7825 Big Sky Dr, Madison, WI 53719
- Renaissance Cinema — 10411 Washington Ave, Sturtevant, WI 53177
- South Shore Cinema — 7261 South 13th Street, Oak Creek, WI 53154
The cost is just $5 at this participating locations.
Below is a synopsis of the film:
A victim of his own anger, the Kid (Prince) is a Minneapolis musician on the rise with his band, the Revolution, escaping a tumultuous home life through music. While trying to avoid making the same mistakes as his truculent father (Clarence Williams III), the Kid navigates the club scene and a rocky relationship with a captivating singer, Apollonia (Apollonia Kotero). But another musician, Morris (Morris Day), looks to steal the Kid’s spotlight — and his girl.
CLICK HERE to learn more about these special showings.