Unattended candle likely the cause of small fire in duplex near 40th & St. Paul

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MFD "alternate response vehicles"

MILWAUKEE — Officials with the Milwaukee Fire Department on Sunday, June 26th were called out to a two-story duplex near 40th and St. Paul Avenue for a small fire.

No one was hurt.

This fire was reported around 4:00 p.m.

Fire officials say it was likely caused by an unattended candle in a windowsill on the second floor.

Three people living in the duplex were displaced after this fire. They were being helped out by family members.

This home did not have working smoke detectors.

The fire caused about $20,000 worth of damage to the home.