MILWAUKEE -- Elevate your grill game this 4th of July with some food options beyond brats and burgers. Chef Kevin Rieck from Grand Geneva Resort & Spa joins FOX6 WakeUp to show us how easy it is to make salmon on the grill.
- 7oz Atlantic Salmon Filet, Skin Off
- 4 oz Red Quinoa
- 2 oz Cilantro Chimmichurri
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Crispy Kale As Garnish
1. Oil Fish, and Season With Salt & Pepper.
2. Place Presenation Side Down On Grill and Grill With Crosshatch Marks.
3. Finish On Grill Until The Fish Is Cooked Medium
4. Place 4oz Portion of Red Quinoa In Center Of Plate, and Set Salmon On Top Of Quinoa.
5. Drizzle Cilantro Chimichurri Around Plate, and Garnish With Crispy Kale.
- 1 C Shallots, Minced
- 4 tsp Garlic, Miced
- 4 C Red Quinoa
- 2Quarts Chicken Stock
- 4 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 ½ Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
1. Sautee Shallots and Garlic Until Translucent
2. Add Red Quinoa, Chicken Stock, Salt, Pepper and Parika, Bring To A Boil
3. Reduce Pan To Simmer, and Cover
4. Cook For Around 15 Minutes, and Fluff With Fork When Cooked.
- 1 Red Onion, Medium Sized, Fine Dice
- 2 Red Bell Pepper, Medium Sized, Fine Dice
- 3 Tbsp Garlic, Minced
- 1½ C Parsley, Chopped
- 2 C Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ C White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
1. After Dicing Red Pepper, Rinse Under cold Water and Strain (To Prevent Color From Bleeding)
2. Combine All Ingrdients In Bowl and Mix With A Whisk